For those of us who are overweight, those extra pounds greatly increase our health risks – including risks of diabetes, gallbladder disease, heart disease, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and even a wide range of cancers.
Of course, living at a healthy weight lowers your risks tremendously.
Toward that end, we’re here to help, courtesy this diet developed with a European cardiologist.
It’s printer friendly so just click ctrl+p and print. You’ll always have it at hand and what’s more, when paired with thirty minutes of daily exercise, it can help you safely lose up to fifteen pounds!
The breakfast each day is the same: 1 piece of your favorite fruit, anything but grapes or bananas.
- Lunch: 1 orange, 200 ml. of yogurt, 1 egg
- Dinner: 2 boiled eggs, 2 pieces of toast, ½ a cucumber or a small bowl of lettuce, 2 tomatoes
- Lunch: 1 orange, a cup of yogurt, 1 boiled egg
- Dinner: a piece of toast, 125 gr. of red meat, a cup of tea or coffee with no sugar, 1 orange
- Lunch: 1 cucumber, 1 orange, 1 boiled egg
- Dinner: 125 gr. of cooked red meat, 1 orange, a piece of toast, a cup of coffee or tea with no sugar
- Lunch: a piece of toast, 1 orange, 125 gr. of cottage cheese
- Dinner: the same as day 3
- Lunch: a piece of toast, 200 gr. of cooked meat or fish, 1 tomato
- Dinner: ½ a pound of cooked carrots, potatoes and peas
We recommend following the protocol above for a five-day cycle, followed by a two-day rest, before restarting the cycle. Vegetables should be cooked without salt, and alcohol should be entirely avoided. If you currently suffer health issues, consult with your doctor first.